Thursday, March 29, 2012

Keri's Flash-Flood (aka Save-the-Veggies!) Beef Stew



This meal was actually prepared in September following the flooding in our basement which caused us to lose our fridge and defrosted all my farm fresh veggies I'd blanched and frozen just weeks before. So instead of trashing them all, I borrowed Krista's recipe and added all the vegetables I had! So for dinner this week I defrosted four bags of stew, heated them on the stove, baked some biscuits and dinner is served! And though to me not the most visually appealing, in other words, YUCK, it really does taste YUM! Alright, I'll stop the chit-chat and get to it...thanks Krista!!!

1 pound beef cubes
1 can tomato soup
1 can water
3-4 tsp. tapioca
large bag carrots
large stalk celery
1 onion
1 Tbsp salt
1 Tbsp sugar

Cook at 250 for 6-8 hours. Thicken with flour and water if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment