Saturday, May 5, 2012

Baked Ricotta Rigatoni



This recipe came from Rachael Ray! Apparently, many people enjoyed this recipe this week. Here was the post from The Rachael Ray Show yesterday...


Check out Rach's most popular #recipe of the week! http://bit.ly/KingOZ

bit.ly
"My spring-inspired update of a family favorite." - Rachael

 ·  · follow @RachaelRayShow · 17 hours ago via


I did make a few alterations to our meal this week.

1. I didn't use San Marzano Tomatoes. My mom has told me that they are truly the best BUT anyone who knows me knows that I am WAY too frugal to buy San Marzano Tomatoes. They were triple other brands!! Sorry ladies but I will not spend that much on you all!!

2. I did not add the thyme or the mint. Not sure what it would have done to the taste but I wasn't willing to experiment. I am not great with herbs.

3. AND as much as I wanted to buy fresh mozzarella (I LOVE IT), I just couldn't do it! So much cheaper to just buy the shredded mozzarella. I am sure that making this switch to the fresh would have made it SOOOO much tastier! If I was making ONE, I would have used it. Making FOUR required the use of the cheap stuff!!

4. I didn't use any spring peas. I wouldn't want to ruin it for the kiddos. My kids questioned what the green parsley was...peas would have put them over the top!

All in all, it was delicious! The lemon zest was a must! I don't recommend taking that ingredient out. I didn't measure, I just started zesting!

I would highly encourage you to make this meal apart of your menu in the coming weeks!! It is a nice twist on the traditional ziti!

No comments:

Post a Comment